ARES is proud to be recognized By The United Nations on UN.ORG for promoting the rights of Persons With Disabilities and for recognizing the International Day.
As a Recruitment Solutions company that wraps Diversity and Inclusion into our core business, we are on an important journey to increase awareness, highlight and renew our commitment, and to have an impact by encouraging innovative and inclusive recruitment practice. We must drive forward to create change, both internally and externally.
ARES is working hard to further contribute to increasing inclusion for Persons with Disabilities, and to do our part to “leave no one behind” which the UN’s global blueprint for action and Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon encourage us to do in order to progress this agenda.
A few of our initiatives include the following:
1. We review and highlight the recruitment ‘best practices’ that we’ve adopted to ensure that we accommodate candidates and customers within the recruitment process. We then renewed our group commitment to empowering Persons with Disabilities, and we decided on a number of new initiatives to celebrate IDPD.
2. ARES committed communications resources and financial resources to create and disseminate a radio and email/letter campaign to promote awareness about IDPD. The campaign will let organizations know that we are committed to doing our part to ensure that Persons with Disabilities are included and supported in our recruitment and business operations.
3. We wrote an article to promote awareness of IDPD, and to clarify the difference between equity and equality in workplace environments (Article Decemeber 2016 IDPD). We are pushing this article out extensively to client organizations and people of influence, and we are asking them to share it with their teams to increase awareness and to create a positive impact.
4. We have trained our entire staff (all departments) to be AODA trained to properly serve our candidates and customers by ensuring that accommodation happens consistently and supportively throughout the recruitment process.
5. We completed Canadian Business SenseAbility‘s Disability Inclusion Index, to continue our work to become solidly ‘disability confident’ in every area – exciting!
ARES would like to thank everyone, each and every day, to for contributing to help make the world better for Persons with Disabilities.
Please Click Here to view the IDPD 2016 – Commemorations submitted from around the world on the UN.ORG website.